In the last months, you’ll have seen the term “Content Marketing” in hundreds of articles. This marketing technique has been used for a couple of years, especially in the United States. The most famous phrase is ” Content is king “, but I like to call it as “Content is love“.
If the content is king, then promotion is queen and conversion is prince.
What is Content Marketing?
We refer to content marketing when the strategy used by brands is based on generating certain types of useful and interesting content that generate a positive reaction in their users.
What is the objective of Content Marketing?
The objective of a content marketing strategy is to attract new customers and then perform some conversion with them. Here are several examples:
In social networks
You are a brand that wants to promote its contents, instead of doing it through conventional messages you generate different graphic pieces that make your content more interesting and therefore more viral. Automatically start sharing and your community grows in number of fans and in fan conversions to customers.
On a blog
You are a blogger or you are managing a blog of a brand, you attract through unpublished and attractive contents to possible clients, it offers you something of quality like an e-book, whitepaper, infographic or template. Once they reach you and access the content you have generated, you will have to convert that interest into a purchase.
The technique of offering part of the free content for the client to analyze and then offer the full version with the extra payment is also widely used.
Some types of content
- Guides / tutorials
The contents can be promoted through different channels, for example:
- Specialized forums
Not to mention that with advertising on platforms such as Facebook Ads, we can boost our content with a small investment to reach thousands of people.
Benefits of content marketing
- Content Marketing unites you more to your community, it is an excellent way to connect with your audience and get to know them more thoroughly.
- Content Marketing allows you to reach more people, that is, you can start to embrace a new audience.
- It is an ideal way to promote a brand or its products and services.
- It is a very effective way to convert leads.
- It generates trust between the content creator brand and the final consumer. Almost always a happy user repeats;).
In my blog www.peeptheworld.com you can see perfectly how to implement content strategies through different formats and methods:
- Practical and short articles that respond to the main doubts of marketing professionals. Example: tutorials or answers to questions with examples. https://peeptheworld.com/content-marketing-tips-for-blog.
- Practical and longer guides to delve into specific topics. Example: https://peeptheworld.com/how-to-write-seo-content.