Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide, being the main lung cancer, liver, stomach, colon, and breast.
About 30% of cancer deaths are due to 5 preventable risk factors: elevated body mass index, fruit and vegetable consumption deficit, physical inactivity or lack of physical activity, smoking, and alcohol consumption.
There are foods that by their nutrients are an aid to protect us from the formation of cancer cells.
Join a healthy diet and cancer-fighting foods that are rich in fiber, integral waxes, fruits, and vegetables, low in fat and with antioxidant properties that protect against cancer.
Check out the top 10 foods that prevent cancer
The so-called liquid gold slows cell proliferation and causes changes in the tumor, an ally to fight cancer and slow its progress. Contains oleic acid, essential for the body. Take 3-5 tablespoons each day, better in oil and extra virgin olive oil.
Contains chemo-protective anticancer agents such as sulforaphane, capable of stopping the process of early-stage cell proliferation of prostate, colon, breast, liver, bladder, bone, pancreas, skin or leukemia cancer.
Its active component, lycopene is a powerful antioxidant food that prevents different types of cancer, especially prostate, lung, and stomach. They protect cells from the effects of oxidation and prevent processes of cellular degeneration resulting in cancer.
Its antioxidants help prevent breast and prostate cancer. It contains ellagic acid that inhibits the enzyme aromatase, which transforms androgens into estrogen and acts on the carcinogenesis of the breast, avoiding carcinogenic problems. In general, red fruits such as watermelon and cherries.
A natural antioxidant and anticancer drink thanks to its polyphenol content, helps prevent cancers such as lung, skin, and prostate. Studies claim that taking 5 cups of green tea a day prevents advanced prostate cancer.
Source of vitamins, proteins, minerals, plant fibers, lipids, and isoflavones; can be an aid to alleviate the symptoms of menopause in women and to prevent breast cancer.
Regulates the intestinal flora preventing colon cancer. Bet on its skim version with just no fats. Other good options are kefir or cottage cheese.
Bread fiber and whole grains, such as rye, accelerate intestinal transit and carry the carcinogenic substances that may be in the digestive tract preventing stomach and colon cancer. By preventing the carcinogenic substances from being absorbed it protects against cancer of the pancreas and breast.
Powerful natural anti-inflammatory with antithrombotic, hypocholesterolemic, hepatoprotective, antimicrobial and antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. Curcumin inhibits the growth of a large number of tumors such as colon, liver, stomach, breast, ovaries, and leukemia.
Its intense green color is due to the chlorophyll it contains, a substance that protects against cancer. And like lettuce, in general, all green leafy vegetables such as chard, spinach, endive …
Colorful fruits and vegetables to prevent and fight cancer
* Active compound: Lycopene
* Anticancer action: It reduces the incidence of cancerous pathologies, especially of lung, prostate, and digestive tract.
* Examples: Tomato, watermelon, red apple, grapefruit, cherry, cranberry, red grapes, pomegranate, raspberry, strawberry, beetroot, radish, red pepper, red onion, red potato.
* Active compound: Carotenoids. Folic Acid
* Anti-Cancer Action: Antioxidant, strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, and vision problems.
* Examples: Carrot, pumpkin, corn, yellow pepper, mango, orange, peach, papaya, persimmon, pineapple, melon, yellow kiwi, lemon, persimmon, dried apricots.
* Active compound: Vitamin C and Flavonoids
* Anti-cancer action: Detoxifying harmful substances
* Examples: Lemon, banana
* Active compound: Chlorophyll
* Anti-cancer action: Antioxidant with vitamins A, C, K and B9 help prevent cancer.
* Examples: Cabbage, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, spinach, artichokes, green asparagus, chard, spinach, zucchini, parsley, beans …
* Active compound: Polyphenols
* Anti-cancer action: Antioxidant properties called anthoxanthins, which help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
* Examples: Garlic, onions, bananas, nectarine and white pear, leeks, mushrooms, cauliflower.
* Active compound: Vitamin C, phenolic compounds, and anthocyanins
* Anti-cancer action: Anti-oxidant properties that fight against free radicals, maintain urinary tract health and reduce the risk of cancer, cell degeneration.
* Examples: Blueberry, blackberry, purple grape, redcurrant, plum, red cabbage, purple carrot, and eggplant.
* Active compound: Fiber
* Anti-cancer action: Eliminates toxins and anticancer substances.
* Examples: Whole grains, quinoa, legumes.