Google Chrome is one of the most commonly used web browsers in the world. It was launched in 2008 and has more than 300 million regular users. Although they say that their success is due to the invasive advertising of Google, in reality the browser offers a series of features that make it the preferred one for users, such as being available on a large number of operating systems such as Windows, Ubuntu or Debian and for those oriented to Android and iOS mobile devices.
In turn, extensions in Chrome give the possibility to improve the user experience and making life much easier. These applications or Google Chrome extensions can be found in the Chrome Web Store from where they give you the option to download them for free. Installation is done instantly, so it is not complicated to add a few extensions in your browser.
Google Chrome extensions in 2018
- Lazarus: Form Recovery: Have you ever dropped the Internet connection and lost everything you wrote on a form? For example, when you have been filling in a long form and once you have clicked send, you have received an error because the Internet connection did not work well.
This extension for Google Chrome is the perfect solution. Lazarus Form Recovery saves all the text you have been writing in each of the text fields. You just have to download the extension from the Chrome Web Store and start enjoying it. The Chrome extension is automatically saving everything you write and the data you fill in the form.
- Momentum: This extension is designed to give you a moment of calm and inspiration to be more productive every time you open a new tab of your Google Chrome browser. Stands out among Chrome extensions Set the focus you want to update, read the to-do list and try to inspire yourself with a photo and a daily phrase. Eliminate the distraction and your desire to procrastinate in each tab you open new. At the same time, it shows you the weather in the area where you are.
- LastPass: One of the preferred Google Chrome extensions in 2018 for the users and it is recommended in the Chrome Web Store. LastPass serves to manage your passwords and allows you to enter securely from any computer or device where you use Chrome since it is synchronized. The extension stores, with only one password, all the logins, including the sessions of the bank accounts.
- TooManyTabs: Many people have the defect of opening dozens of tabs and windows within the Google Chrome browser. The TooManyTabs extension manages the tabs and reduces the overflow that can result from having so many tabs open. It offers an enlarged view of all the tabs you have open and a preview of the content that contains each of them. In addition, it offers a search option through the windows and restores the tabs that have been recently closed.
- PDF Mergy: You may never have needed to combine several PDF files in the same document, but it is often complicated to do so and requires specific programs that you do not usually have. This Chrome extension allows you to combine several PDFs into a single document simply by dragging the files over the browser.
Google Chrome extensions for the organization
- Pocket: Are you one of those who open infinite web pages and does not have time to read everything? You have the solution with this Chrome extension. Pocket allows you to save articles, videos and all kinds of pages so you can re-enter whenever you want. You can use it on your computer as well as on your tablet or mobile phone since it is synchronized on all devices. Also, you do not have to have an Internet connection. To save it, you just have to click on the browser.
- Evernote: It is one of the extensions of Chrome more used and known thanks to the popularization that has had as an application. With Evernote, you can save all your ideas and experiences in any of the devices where you use it since you can retrieve them again from any place and at any time through your computer, tablet or smartphone.
With Evernote, you can create lists of tasks and pending tasks; save notes, research and projects; Capture images, audio files and other documents. In addition, you can organize everything through labels or search them later through keywords.
- Pushbullet: One of the perfect Chrome extensions if you use your computer and Smartphone at the same time to work on your day to day routine. With Pushbullet you can send links, files, data, images or videos from your computer to your mobile phone and vice versa easily. Thus, you avoid the need to connect your mobile to your computer through a cable to move your files from place.
Also, if your phone has an Android operating system you can send and receive SMS messages from your computer or send them directly from the same extension to Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. You can also send links without leaving Google Chrome.
- Todoist: It is one of the extensions of Chrome really useful for all those who need help to organize and manage all the tasks they have to do. It is an extension to help you be more productive and that you can manage from your computer or your mobile phone. With Todoist you can program different tasks from your calendar and create sub-tasks within each of your projects. You can ask for reminders of the things you have to go through your email. The extension connects to your Gmail account. In addition, it allows you to save different links to read them later and you will receive them as a scheduled task.
Chrome extensions for email use
- Rapportive: It is a perfect Chrome extension if you usually use your Gmail email to work since thanks to this extension you will have all the data of your contacts in the same email.
That is to say, Rapportive collects the personal data of the users of your Linkedin profile and shows them to you next to that person’s email address, including your photo. In addition, the extension offers the possibility of knowing more information about them, mentioning their interests or their latest tweets. Rapportive is perfect for those entrepreneurs who usually do networking and talk to a lot of diverse people.
- Checker Plus for Gmail: Thanks to this extension you can receive notifications, read or listen to your emails without the need to go directly to the specific web page. In addition to being a very simple and fast way to manage multiple email accounts, it is more secure since it does not have as many privacy authorizations as other apps or Chrome extensions. If you receive an email while you are doing other tasks, the extension will read the email out loud. It runs in the background, that is, even if you close Google Chrome you will still receive notifications. In turn, a preview opens that allows you to read, archive, mark or delete messages.
Google Chrome extensions to help you with languages
- Ginger: If you use English in your day to day, Ginger is the perfect Chrome extension. It is a spelling and grammar checker that reviews everything you write in Gmail, Facebook, Linkedin and all those web pages that you use daily.
Also, correct the words according to their context and you can change them with a single click. It is perfect to help you write your texts you can learn English.
- Phonetically Intuitive English: It is one of the most interesting Chrome extensions to learn English. Phonetically Intuitive English adds the specific phonetic symbols in a text in that language. It is a perfect extension to learn the pronunciation of words.
- Spell Checker: Do you need help with your own Spanish? This extension for Google Chrome offers a spell checker in 12 languages: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish. It has a dictionary to check the words, a fairly easy to use interface and different colors to mark the words that have a spelling mistake.
- Language Immersion: It is not one of the best-known Chrome extensions but it may be one of the most interesting. With Language Immersion you can choose between 64 different languages, as it has the support of Google Translate. The extension creates texts in two languages, including the correct pronunciation of the words.
- Google Translate: Well-known and the most used translator of all. This Chrome extension allows you to save the time of opening a new window to search for the translation of a word or text. You can know the translation of a word with a simple right click or make the translation of a text thanks to the icon that adds the extension in the toolbar of the browser.
- Voice Instead: If you do not like reading articles in English and you usually have to do it, this is the application you were looking for. With Voice Instead you can select a text to listen to instead of having to read it. Also, when reading, you can practice pronunciation and learn how to say it correctly. Even the program translates texts from Spanish to English.
Curious Chrome extensions
- Motiver. It is the perfect application for runners or those who have recently been on a diet. It is also indicated for gym teachers, gym instructors or personal trainers. This extension of Chrome consists of a nutrition and training diary in which you can point out different goals and exercises performed on a day-to-day basis. In addition, the extension makes different reports in which progress and personal results are indicated. In turn, they can be shared with friends or, indeed, with their personal trainer. It contains 6 sections: Main, Training, Cardio, Statistics, Nutrition and Profile.
- Rain Alarm . For those who do not leave home when it rains. It is a curious application available in theChrome Web Store that warns in real time of the precipitation that will take place within a short time in the area where you are located. In short, a weather extension that will alert you when you have the cloud practically on top of you.
- StayFocusd . Are you a person who gets distracted very easily? Especially on the Internet? StayFocusd is one of the Chrome extensions that will help you avoid wasting time on the typical Internet pages that you usually see daily. It is an extension of productivity for Google Chrome and prevents you from losing your concentration of work by restricting the amount of time you can spend on websites that normally waste your precious time. It works like this: you add that web page that entertains you so much and you specify how much time you want to be. When the time has run out, the designated sites will be inaccessible for the rest of the day.
- Dark Editor . It can be added to the previous application. This extension of Google Chrome is a text editor that eliminates any type of distraction to write and perform a series of basic functions. You can edit text files, send them by mail, print them or even encrypt them.
- Facebook Unseen . This extension can be very useful if you are one of those people who like to have privacy or who take certain messages to answer. With the Chrome Facebook Unseen extension, you can prevent your contacts from knowing whether or not you have read their message through Facebook Messenger.
- Giphy . Lover of the gif? Are you one of those who use them to respond to any conversation? If you are more of images than words, this is the definitive extension. Thanks to the search engine that incorporates you can quickly respond your way to emails and messages from Twitter or Facebook.
Google Chrome extensions for online marketing
The following extensions we use all of them so, what less than to recommend all of them if you dedicate yourself to online marketing.
- SEOQuake: SEMrush company tool. Very useful to see internal, external links, the density of keywords in a text and more SEO aspects of a web page.
- Tag Assistant: Google assistant to check if labels are inserted correctly. Very important in the face of web analytics and conversions.
- Majestic Backlink Analyzer: Bar of the Majestic SEO tool that will provide you with data from a website such as TF (Trust Flow) and CF (Citation Flow).
- vidIQ for YouTube: Tool to help you with SEO for Youtube. Essential if you want to make video marketing on this social network.
- MozBar: The now famous Moz bar will help you to know the authority of Domain and Page authority among other things.
- WooRank: Web analytics tool that will give you a quick look at your page to detect some errors and improve their functioning.
- PageRank Display: Extension to know the PageRank of a web. Interesting in the face of SEO positioning.
- SEO for Chrome: Statistics, indexed pages, backlinks, traffic and other relevant data on a website.
- Open SEO Stats: Toolbar that will provide information such as the IP of the web, the speed of page load, ranking, traffic, links and much more.
- Clear cache: To clear the cache of your browser with a single click.
Do you know more Google Chrome extensions for 2018? Share them with us!